Teach English in Samut Sakhon (Mahachai), Thailand
This chain of schools is opening 5 new schools in Thailand. With its countless beaches and warm, friendly people, now’s the time to jump on board!
Living near the water while you teach English in Samut Sakhon, you’re certain to be able to enjoy great seafood every day.
The school is looking for two teachers, with more positions opening soon.
- Student age: up to 18 years old.
- Average 20 to 30 teaching hours a week.
- Class sizes: 10 maximum.
- Mostly at the school with some occasional outside classes.
- All classrooms are fully equipped with whiteboards, markers, and teaching aids.
- Teachers are encouraged to develop and use their own support materials in accordance with the academic standards of the school.
Salary and Benefits
- Average 40,000 THB to 50,000 THB per month
- 14 days holiday (unpaid)
- End of contract bonus 10,000 THB
- Arrival hotel costs covered for the first few days
- Visa costs covered (50% after 6 months, 50% paid after 12 months)
- Western Academic Manager who will train and support you both at work and with anything needed outside of work
Job Requirements to Teach English in Samut Sakhon
- A passport from the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- A bachelor’s degree or better.
- A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better. No TEFL yet? Get discount on a course.
- Teaching experience preferred but not required.
About Samut Sakhon
The school is approximately one hour east of Bangkok and is suited to teachers looking for a slower pace than is typically found in the larger cities. Samut Sakhon was formerly known as Mahachai. The region offers an abundance of sights and attractions for teachers looking to explore. Temples, shrines, food markets and water parks are all easily accessible from this region. Being coastal, Samut Sakhon also offers many water-based activities, such as exploring the mangroves and floating markets, visiting the salt farms, hunting snail shells, dolphin watching, and enjoying the sunset.
That’s why we are sure you will be able to find a comfortable lifestyle when you teach English in Samut Sakhon!
(click to zoom)
About the School
Since starting in 2014, the branches in Thailand have grown to include schools in over a dozen different locations. A strong regional team coupled with time-tested teaching materials and methods has made this chain one of Thailand’s top English language schools.
Teachers at the school get comprehensive training and full support from both local staff and the chain’s international network of teachers, advisors, and administrative staff. And thanks to that same network, teachers have unparalleled opportunities to advance in Thailand.
If you are considering teaching English in Samut Sakhon, but you are not sure if it’s the best city in Thailand for you, send us a message.