Teach English in Chengdu
Teachers and staff work hard every day to make sure students are happy in the school’s amazing environment. As a teacher, you’ll learn how the school stands up with core values such as entrepreneurial spirit, passion & attention to detail. Teach English in Chengdu and discover all this city has to offer!
Teach English to students from 3 years to 18 years old, and provide a first-rate customer experience and positive image of the school.
Teachers will be required to work 5 days a week during the non-peak seasons and up to 6 days per week during the peak seasons of summer and winter course production (usually falling within the periods of June to August and January to February respectively every year). Teachers may be asked to work morning and evening shifts in the same day. Teachers may have teaching duties in the center or off-site.
Teaching hours per week: 20
Office hours per week: 20
Salary and Benefits
- 10,000-12,000 RMB after tax + 2,000 RMB monthly housing allowance.
- Visa fully covered.
- Insurance covered – 325 RMB.
- Free online Chinese lessons.
- Sponsored Foundation TEFL certificate.
- Airport pick up.
- First week free hotel upon arrival.
- Senior Teacher/Associate Director of Studies/Director of Studies promotion.
- Reimbursement for medical, authentication, visa.
- 8,000 RMB flight allowance.
- 7,000 RMB housing loan upon arrival.
- Up to 1,500 RMB demo bonus.
- Up to 1,500 RMB VIP bonus.
- 5,000 RMB contract completion bonus.
- Blue card – 440 RMB.
- 280 RMB/TKT reimbursement for qualification.
- Qualification allowance: CELTA – 300 RMB, PGCE/MA in Education or TESOL – 500 RMB, DELTA/DipTESOL – 1,000 RMB, DELTM – 1,500 RMB.
Job Requirements to Teach English in Chengdu
- A passport from the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa.
- A bachelor’s degree or better.
- A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better. No TEFL yet? This job offers a FREE TEFL.
- A clear criminal background.
Why Teachers Love Chengdu
The Chinese describe Chengdu as the city people never want to leave, or “The land of milk and honey” due to its agricultural value. The city is globally renowned for its spicy cuisine and tea culture.
Chengdu is locally known for its relaxed and laid back lifestyle, and it has the perfect blend of adventure and comfort. A few hours from the city will take you to the Tibetan plateau, valleys, breath-taking mountain ranges and untouched National parks. In the city however, you can wander around the old-quarters, grab some spicy hotpot with friends or relax at one of the city’s many temples.
Chengdu is famous for giant pandas, and mahjong is very popular there.
When you teach English in Chengdu, you’ll notice the city doesn’t have much western influence like Shanghai or Beijing. This also means that not as many people speak English, so living here can be a bit more challenging, and more authentic.
If you want to teach English in China, but you’re not sure if Chengdu is right for you, send us a message.
About the school
The school is an international education company, specializing in language training, educational travel, academic degree programs, and cultural exchange. The company has approximately 37,000 staff and 500 offices and schools located in more than 50 countries. They are the largest and fastest growing English education company in Chengdu.