Teach English in Kaohsiung (Taiwan)
This English teaching job will have you teaching for one of the biggest British-owned TEFL companies in Asia and in Taiwan.
The school provides the books, CDs, educational toys and other teaching resources needed to teach the curriculum. You are welcome to bring any music, games, and other teaching materials to adjust classes to suit your style. Each classroom has a projector and internet access, so it’s easy to demonstrate something to your kids.
Salary and Benefits
- 600-700 TWD (19.75-23 USD) starting hourly rate.
- National health insurance.
- 14 days paid holiday and 11 unpaid vacation days.
- Pay received for attending training.
- 20 teaching hours per week guaranteed.
- Career development opportunities in Taiwan.
- Structured curriculum and courses.
- Western academic management, orientation training and welfare support.
- 15,000 TWD (500 USD) end of contract bonus.
Job Requirements to Teach English in Kaohsiung
- You are a native English speaker.
- An associate or bachelor degree.
- A TEFL certificate or better. No TEFL yet? Get discount on a course.
- A clear criminal background.
- You are looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
Life in Kaohsiung
Kaohsiung is the economic center of southern Taiwan, and has plenty of fun places to visit on a free day!
Make sure to see the Love River flowing through the old city, downtown and into the harbor. Other must-see places are the port of Kaohsiung, the Pier-2 Art Center, Kaohsiung Zoo, the Greek-style E-DA Theme Park, the Kaohsiung Metropolitan Park, the Kaohsiung Museum of Fine Arts, SKM theme Park, Kaohsiung Arena, and the rooftop amusement park of Dream Mall with its large ferris wheel.
The tallest building is the 85 Sky Tower, which contains an indoor amusement park. The newest cultural center is the Kaohsiung Music Center, while the National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts is the world’s largest performance arts center under one roof, with the largest pipe organ in Asia.
You can see a lot of unique geographical variation on Ape Hill, a mountain made entirely out of coral reefs and calcium carbonate. The sea around Kaohsiung is also home to many coral reefs.
Teach English in Kaohsiung, and you are sure to always have something new to do on a free day!
Saxoncourt will make sure all of your paperwork is complete before you leave for Kaohsiung. We will make sure you have a valid visa and ensure a great working contract.
Whether it’s your first time teaching abroad, or you are ready to try a new country, you can find confidence in our experience of working with 1,000+ teachers. You can rest assured you will be prepared for your next adventure. Where will it bring you?
If you want to teach English in Taiwan but you need advice on which city to choose, send us a message.