Teach English in Tainan (Taiwan)
This English teaching job will have you teaching for one of the biggest British-owned TEFL companies in Asia and in Taiwan.
- The children are 3-12 years old.
- 8-16 students per class.
The school provides the books, CDs, educational toys and other teaching resources needed to teach the curriculum. You are welcome to bring any music, games, and other teaching materials to adjust classes to suit your style. Each classroom has a projector and internet access, so it’s easy to demonstrate something to your kids.
Salary and Benefits
- 600-700 TWD (19.75-23 USD) starting hourly rate.
- National health insurance.
- 14 days holiday and 11 unpaid vacation days.
- Pay received for attending training.
- 20 teaching hours per week guaranteed.
- Career development opportunities in Taiwan.
- Structured curriculum and courses.
- Western academic management, orientation training and welfare support.
- 15,000 TWD (500 USD) end of contract bonus.
Job Requirements to Teach English in Tainan
- You’re a native English speaker.
- An associate or bachelor degree.
- A TEFL certificate or better. No TEFL yet? Get discount on a course.
- A clear criminal background.
- You are looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
More About Tainan
Tainan was the first capital city and is the oldest city in Taiwan.
Make sure to see the historical heart Anping, where the Fort Zeelandia still stands. This must-see fortress from the 1600s was actually built by the Dutch and shows a European presence in an otherwise Asian city. While there are many historical locations throughout the city, you can also spend your time in one of the many department stores, shopping malls and prestigious boutiques.
The city is known to have the best food on the island, and you could call it “the city of snacks”. Food is rather sweet compared to food in other cities. There is an abundance of night markets, but at least make sure to see the Flower Night Market. There are many specific foods you should try, so it is best to just try everything.
You can also look forward to seeing many temple parades as there is no city with more parades in the country!
Located in the south of Taiwan, Tainan is close to Kaohsiung, which can be reached in about one hour. It’s around 2.5 hours to Taipei in the north. The city has an airport, with flights only to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Japan.
Teach English in Tainan, and you are sure to enjoy authentic culture, great foods, and the fulfillment from a rewarding job that changes the lives of the children you teach.
Saxoncourt will make sure all of your paperwork is complete before you leave for Tainan. We will make sure you have a valid visa and ensure a great working contract.
Whether it’s your first time teaching abroad, or you are ready to try a new country, you can find confidence in our experience of working with 1,000+ teachers. You can rest assured you will be prepared for your next adventure. Where will it bring you?
If you want to teach English in Taiwan but you need advice on which city to choose, send us a message.