Teach English in Yangzhou (China)
This school in Yangzhou places a huge amount of emphasis on teacher wellness, happiness and job satisfaction, and as a result, the school has seen its foreign staff double to 42 teachers in the last two years.
Apart from an excellent salary package, the school provides highly specialized teacher training, an organized teacher structure consisting of senior teachers, supervisors, and academic managers, as well as a dedicated training manager and foreign mentor team of foreign teachers.
Teach English in Yangzhou and you’ll be sure to have a happy and exciting year ahead!
- Students: 3-18 years old (most are between 3-12).
- Class sizes: 12-14 students per class
- Up to 27 hours per week (including office hours).
- 5 working days with 2 consecutive days off per week.
The majority of the classes take place at one of the main campuses from among Modern Plaza, Downtown and Runmao.
The school provides all the books, CDs and teaching resources needed to teach the curriculum. There are also many educational toys that you can include in your class. You are welcome to bring any music, games, or teaching materials that you think will improve your classes.
Salary and Benefits
- 18,000 RMB ($2,785) monthly salary after tax.
- Health insurance.
- Z visa provided before you arrive.
- 22 days paid holiday and 5 additional unpaid personal days.
- Airport pickup by a foreign staff member from Nanjing or Shanghai international airport.
- Arrival hotel provided until a suitable apartment near the school can be found.
- Free weekly Mandarin classes (HSK level 1-3).
- Foreign Welfare Officer who helps teachers in renting an apartment, getting a SIM card, setting up a bank account, etc.
- 3 standby teachers (to cover teachers who are on vacation or sick).
- 18,000 RMB optional, interest-free loan to help with start-up costs.
- 5,000 RMB Flight reimbursement.
- 4,000 RMB reimbursement of document notarization costs.
- 2-week comprehensive training paid 1,000 RMB per week.
- 6,000 RMB re-sign bonus.
Job Requirements to Teach English in Yangzhou
- A passport from the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- A bachelor’s degree or better.
- A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better. No TEFL yet? Get discount on a course.
- A clear criminal background.
- Looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
More About the School
This school focuses a lot on the support and development of their teachers.
On arrival, teachers go through a training session which covers all areas needed to teach a wide array of classes. There is also ongoing teacher development in the form of class observations, workshops, and co-teaching, all within a supportive environment that ensures teachers grow to their full potential.
Many teachers have grown and moved up into other roles, such as foreign recruitment, academics, human resources, and the welfare department.
If you are considering to teach English in Yangzhou, but want to know more to see if it’s really the best city in China for you, send us a message.
Meet the Operations Manager: D’Artanyn Alonge
D’Artanyn (called Dart at work) has been working for the school for almost two years now. Since he arrived, he has been recruiting new teachers and he developed a Human Resources and Welfare department. With the help of our Foreign Welfare Advisers, he provides new arrivals with the best possible experience.